A bit about me...

I am a Professor of Professional Studies at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I am responsible for the design and development of the technology instruction taken by juniors and seniors in the College of Education. I have been teaching for over 40 years. In 1972 I became Dean of the College of Professional and Community Service at the University of Massachusetts/Boston and served in that capacity until 1979 when I was named Vice President of the Council for the Advancement of Experiential Learning. I came to "South" in 1988 to develop a program in multimedia.
Last Edited on April 22, 2009

Podcasts

I use podcasts as a teaching tool. Podcasts are easily done. They are inexpensive to do. They are fun. And they are one way to turn our "listening/watching" students into creators/authors of the media they prefer to the books and written materials of the "reading/writing" culture of which I am a part. I discuss the contrast between "listening/watching" and reading/writing" cultures elsewhere in this blog.
Back to podcasts. The students in EDM 310 this semester have created 42 podcasts on a variety of subjects dealing with educational technologies and other educational issues. I call the podcast series It's Time for Technology Talk: Conversations with Future Teachers. You can subscribe to the podcasts through iTunes or on the special blog devoted to the EDM 310 Podcasts.